QuickBooks is one of the widely-used accounting solutions around the globe. Wrapped in a layer of extensive features that help in managing finances as well as other activities, the software has benefited businesses a lot. Although the software has undoubtedly become a shining star in the accounting solutions, it is not immune to technical errors. Often, the QB users complain about the QuickBooks error 15104. It usually appears due to damaged Windows registry entry or a damaged QuickBooks update.
In this post, you will learn different techniques to resolve QuickBooks error 15104 with ease. Let’s get the ball rolling.
QuickBooks Error 15104: What does It Mean?
Prior to delving into the cause and quick fixes for the 15104 error, it is necessary to understand what this error is all about. This error comes into view while updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll. It generally happens because of a damaged QuickBooks update or a damaged Windows registry entry.
It is worth notable that the damaged Windows registry entry is said to be the root cause of this error. However, with a few troubleshooting tactics, you can easily fix QuickBooks error 15104. Read on.
Basic Troubleshooting Step
On the off chance if you are making use of the QuickBooks in multi-user mode, then it is recommended to change it to single-user mode. Make sure that the mapped file location is correct. Let’s have a look at the steps to get the job done:
- Launch the Product Information window by pressing Ctrl+1 hotkey.
- Head over to the Help > Update section of QuickBooks.
- Here, you need to check if the information in the downloaded location section is correct.
The drive that you see in the Product Information window should be same as that of the drive in the Downloaded Location.
Be certain that the QuickBooks Desktop installation directory and the directory in the Downloaded Location must be same when the shared download is set to ‘No’.
In case you are using Windows Vista, then you have to run QB Desktop as an Administrator. To do so, right-click on the QB icon and hit the Run an Admin option. Once the system prompts, hit Continue. Followed by it, reset QB updates.
Different Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15104
1. Perform a System Restore
Walk through the instructions given below to perform a system restore:
- Launch the System Restore window.
- Choose a Restore Point.
- Check the box that reads ‘Scan for affected programs’.
- Afterward, click on the Next > Finish to start the restore process.
The system restore process will not affect any of your confidential data.
2. Use a Third-Party Cleaning Software
Here are the steps to fix QB error 15104 using a third-party cleaning software:
- First of all, download and install a system cleaner program on your PC.
- Run the cleaner software.
- This will scan the registry for errors and then try to resolve them for you.
- Make sure that your computer is backed up.
- After that, don’t forget to reboot your PC.
Now, see if the QuickBooks 15104 error got fixed. If not, ensure to get in touch with our highly-experienced technicians via an email or live chat. They are 24×7 available to help you out.