Can’t Download QuickBooks Desktop?
This page covers each and every info regarding QuickBooks Desktop. You will be able to know about:
QuickBooks Desktop Download
QuickBooks Desktop is business accounting software to help small and medium-sized businesses manage their customers, suppliers, as well as bank accounts efficiently. You can download QuickBooks Desktop on your computer by following the steps given below:
- Turn on your computer.
- Download QuickBooks Desktop on your PC.
- For this, select the QB version you want to download.
- Now, click on the Download button.
- Let the QuickBooks Desktop download process complete.
- Once downloaded, Windows prompts you to run the InstallShield Wizard that starts the QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- Follow the on-screen QuickBooks installation steps.
- Accept the software license agreement and click on the Next button.
- Enter your Product and License numbers.
- Hit Next.
- You will get two options to install QuickBooks Desktop: ‘Express’ and ‘Custom and Network’.
- For Express install, click on the Next button and then on the Install button.
- On the other hand, for Custom and Network install, click on the Next option.
- After that, hit the option that says ‘Change the install location’.
- Click on the Browse option to decide where you want to keep your QuickBooks Desktop folder.
- Start the QuickBooks installation process by hitting Next.
- Once the installation process completes, click on the Open QuickBooks to get started.
In case you are still struggling with the QuickBooks Desktop download process, feel free to contact our experts anytime.
Activate QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
After you install QuickBooks Desktop, you need to activate it to make it up and running. Here’s how to activate QuickBooks Desktop:
- Open QB Desktop on your computer.
- Click on the ‘Activate QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Walk through the on-screen steps properly.
That’s it! QB Desktop is now activated and you are good to go.
How to Download QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
Want to download QuickBooks Desktop for Mac? Here’s a step-by-step guide to get the job done:
- Turn on your Mac.
- Download QuickBooks Desktop Mac version.
Quick Tip: In case you are facing difficulties while downloading the QuickBooks for Mac desktop, delete your browser’s cache and cookies or switch to a different web browser.
- Close all running applications on your Mac to get started with the installation process.
- Double-click on the downloaded installer.
- The QuickBooks installation window will launch.
- Double-click on the QB icon to open the app.
- On the off chance if you have upgraded from a previous QuickBooks for desktop Mac version, you must have to update your company file as well to work in the newer version.
- To do so, open your company file in the newer version.
- Click on the Upgrade option.
- A confirmation message will appear. Simply click on the Ok button.
- Check your reports, accounts, as well as balances to make sure that the correct company file is converted.
That’s how you can download and install QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
QuickBooks Desktop Versions
There are three main QuickBooks Desktop versions with which you can organize and run your business with great ease. They are:
QuickBooks Desktop Pro
QuickBooks Desktop Pro includes the core accounting features required by small and mid-sized businesses such as creating invoices, recording banking transactions, and more. All thanks to its fabulous feature set, QuickBooks Pro is the best bet for businesses that don’t need advanced inventory features.
QuickBooks Desktop Premier
QuickBooks Premier provides industry-specific tools and reports for five industries: retail, manufacturing and wholesale, nonprofit, contractors, and professional services. QB Desktop Premier can also be configured using a general business option if you don’t require these industry-specific features.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
QB Enterprise is one of the best QuickBooks Desktop versions for businesses with complicated inventory needs such as using bar scanning technology. With QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, you can have up to 30 users, making it a top-of-the-line product for medium- to large-sized businesses.
QuickBooks Installation Error
Unable to perform QuickBooks Desktop download and installation? Worry not! You can easily fix QuickBooks installation error. Read on.
Given below are the most common QuickBooks installation errors faced by users:
- QuickBooks installation error 1334
- QuickBooks installation error 1904
- QuickBooks installation error 1603
- Errors while verifying your subscription
- ABS PDF driver errors
Here’s how to fix these QuickBooks installation errors:
QuickBooks Installation Error 1334
A damaged or missing QB installation file or a corrupted .NET framework may result in QuickBooks installation error 1334. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to get rid of this error:
- Make sure that you have minimum system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- If you are seeing Error 1334 – error writing to file, confirm if you have access to that directory.
- To resolve ‘the file cannot be installed – error 1334’, insert the QuickBooks CD and try to download QuickBooks Desktop again.
- Find and open your QB company file.
- Ensure that you have downloaded the installer properly.
- Do a clean install QuickBooks desktop for Windows or Mac.
- Contact our technical experts right away.
QuickBooks Installation Error 1904
Getting ‘error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register’ during the QuickBooks Desktop installation? Fret not! All your accounting data as well as the company files are in good shape.
Walk through the steps below to fix this QuickBooks installation error 1904:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and download QuickBooks Tool Hub file.
- Once the Tool Hub file downloads and installs, double-click on the icon to open it.
- Now, run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- If you are still seeing the QuickBooks installation error 1904, you need to repair particular Windows components. For this, it is recommended to take help from our highly-experienced technicians.
QuickBooks Installation Error 1603
Let’s have a look at the steps to fix QuickBooks installation error 1603:
- Click on the Windows icon in your computer and search for QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- From the search results, double-click on the Tool Hub to open it.
- Select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait for some time and let the tool run properly.
- Once done, restart your computer and retry QuickBooks Desktop download.
- If this QuickBooks installation error is still there, try to manually update your Windows version.
Errors While Verifying Your Subscription
When you download QuickBooks Desktop, you may see one of the following errors:
- Sorry, we need to verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks Desktop
- We are sorry, it looks like you need a subscription
- Sorry, you need a subscription to install QuickBooks Desktop
To troubleshoot these QuickBooks Desktop installation errors, follow the steps below:
- Reset your web browser to the default factory settings.
- Disable the antivirus software or firewall, if using.
- Re-run the QuickBooks installation wizard.
- Contact our well-versed technicians.
ABS PDF Driver Errors
Stuck on ‘installing ABS PDF driver..’ error during the QuickBooks Desktop download process? If so, try the below-mentioned troubleshooting instructions:
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your PC.
- Click on the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ option.
- Open the Temp folder on your computer.
- Click on the Third Party folder and select ABS.
- Run the ABS setup file.
- Let the installation complete.
Once done, open QuickBooks Desktop and register your license. In the event that the ABS PDF installer still stops responding or freezes, consult our experts and let them resolve the issue for you.
Other Errors During QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- Framework errors of Microsoft .Net
- QuickBooks Desktop installation error 1402 and 1722
- ‘QuickBooks has stopped working’ error while opening QuickBooks Desktop
- Error related to damaged MSXML and C++
- Transactions are getting deleted
- Unable to recover the lost admin password
- Can’t use the purchase order system
- Seeing unrecoverable error while opening QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks installation error 1903 and 1935
If you are experiencing any of the aforementioned errors during the QuickBooks Desktop download process, get in touch with our experts right away. They will provide you with prompt solutions to permanently fix the issue.